Re: Newby - uBitx powers on but no Rx

Clark Martin

If you are in or near the US, try tuning in WWV on any of it’s frequencies.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Jul 4, 2019, at 5:14 AM, adrianabshire@... wrote:

I’m a definite newby to all of this.  I have two uBitx radios and both pretty much do the same thing.
I get power to the radio - LED display lights up and shows the display correctly.  If I plug in a speaker (using a guitar amp for testing) I get some static and when I run the channels up/down I can hear some hissing and other noises.
I believe I have wired the radio up correctly and have a 20-meter J-Pole antenna (not hung in a tree yet) that is extended out on the floor in the room.  Not sure how to really test that the radio will receive - I will wait to receive something before transmitting.  Is there an app or program that would show me chatter on a particular 20-meter station so I know exactly which frequency to put in? I’m new here so my knowledge of the lingo (both HAM and electrical) is limited but I’m learning tons every day!  Thanks for such a great forum!
_._,_._,_