Wear a mask with good ventilation.  Neither the dust from grinding off the paint or the fumes from the paint remover are life extending.

Dave K8WPE since 1960

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jul 3, 2019, at 6:16 PM, jsternmd <jsternmd@...> wrote:

NOW YOU TELL ME J

I used a dremel tool and made some dust.  Methylene chloride… I wont forget that!

Jerry

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of tedlong17@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:20 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Amateurradiokits Chassis and Grounding

 Hi Jerry,

   Aren't Sunil's cases awesome??! My slacker's solution to the chassis grounding issue was to apply a little methylene chloride based paint remover to the
interior side of the mounting holes with a cotton swab, give it a couple of minutes to work, clean it off with a wet cloth, and give the bare metal a touch of emery cloth.
  Worked like a charm.

73 de,
Ted
K4TML