Re: DDS-VFO reconstructed #bitx40help #radiuno #arduino #firmware

Arv Evans

Si5351 I2C interface to Arduino should be 3.2 volt pull-up with 4.7K resistors.  This can be obtained from 3.2 regulated volts in the arduino.  Puulling I2C up to 5 volts may damage the Si5351 ( I found out the hard way!) .  Power your Si5351 from 3.2 volts as well.

Demo code from QRP-Labs web site will work as a starting place but you will have to write your own tuning routine for your style of encoder or push-button tuning.

Build two units and use the second as a signal generator for the workbench.

Arv  K7HKL
_-_

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 11:51 PM SaMa photo SaMa photo <infosamaphoto@...> wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to reconstruct the raduino (DDS-VFO) for a BITX40. I used an arduino nano, a 16x2 display, a 10K multiturn potentiometer and a Si5351a card. All provisionally mounted on a breadboard. The scketch used is the raduino_v1.27.7 version
I copied the schematic connections and the arduino and the display work. Except that the frequency range is around 7.060 to 7.160 instead of 7,000 to 7,300 and I haven't tried it yet if something comes out of the Si5351!
Has anyone already tried to do it again ???
Tips???
Thanks and sorry for my English.