Re: Bitx40–Apollo Quindar Tones #bitx40

AA9GG

Not sure if a "roger beep" is legal, but I'm sure you'll piss someone off thinking your a CBer...

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM bobolink <rwhinric@...> wrote:

I’ve been thinking of adding “Quindar” tones (1) to “decorate” my Bitx40 audio during the week of July 16, 2019. The result will be distinctive! and maybe help my QRP signal standout (with all power in a single tone rather than voice settings for high voice peak to average ratio). Got the idea from the AGC (Apollo Guidance Computer) restoration videos that annotate the AGC program with actual radio transmissions.

I wonder if this is legal?

This demo has feedback but demonstrates the idea.

YouTube Demo

(1)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quindar_tones

--