Re: My first measurements with relay daughterboard

iz oos

Now you have the proof you actually did an excellent job. I followed the easier (not so easy btw... ) route of replacing the relays with the Axicom but I believe you really made a better use of the LPFs.

Il 19/giu/2019 03:56, "Gordon Gibby" <ggibby@...> ha scritto:

I finally sat down to do some more work on my uBitx -- with the external relay daughterboard -- wired with just regular, unshielded wire.   I recall that I damaged and lost one section of one of the low pass filters (I think on 20 meters).

Here attached is the first plot I got attempting to look at the CW harmonics on 80/40/30 meters, using a 12V supply.   I had 67 dB of pads in line with the Siglent spectrum analyzer, and that entered as a correction factor.   Video and RBW were 30 kHz.   Frequencies are from 3-63 MHz so each major division is 6 MHz.   using "traces" with an averaging of 2, I was able to capture and hold traces of 80, 40 and 30 meter CW signals.   You can figure them out from the frequencies, but 

80 meters = purple

40 meters = yellow

30 meters = blue 

The blue horizontal line is my attempt to mark the FCC limit requirement for harmonics, 43 dB below an observed output of about 37 dBm.     

If I should make this measurement differently, I'm quite willing to hear improvements!  This was my first crack at it, and I've only had the spectrum analyzer for 2 months.   It has been used on MANY projects already.    

I believe you can see that the harmonics are WELL below the limit for these items tested.

I'll work at this some more and hopefully made more and better measurements.

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.