TSW's BITeensio Advanced uBITX Controller Card hold down brackets #ubitx

Jim Sheldon

After receiving a uBITX a friend shipped me to add some wiring for him and check out why the touch screen function wouldn't work with the BITeensio flopping around inside the case due to rough handling of the package by USPS, I decided then and there we needed some way to secure the BITeensio to the uBITX main board when it's plugged in.

I recently got a 3D printer for my birthday and have been learning to use one of the better 3D CAD programs (Fusion 360 by the Autodesk people).

I put them to work today and came up with a nice set of hold down clamps for the BITeensio that mount using the front corner mounting holes on the main board and hook over the cable clearance notches on either side of the BITeensio.  I've updated the TSW website (www.w0eb.com) with all the details including pictures.

I will sell printed brackets, but only in the US (international shipping would be prohibitive due to necessary packaging) and that's only for the convenience of those who don't have a 3D printer or access to one through a friend.

I've made the printable .stl file available on the website and attached it here for those who already have one of our BITeensio cards installed in their uBITX radio(s).  I'm also planning on posting the make on "Thingiverse" to make it accessible to everyone with a uBITX that wants a set.

They only take about 40 minutes to print and if you use the print resolution and parameters included in the zip file they will be quite strong and easy to install.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB
TSW Project Coordinator