Re: pop click pop on tuning BITX40

John Cardoso

Allard, Is this really true? So it is! I installed your version 1.28.1 and it is all like music to my ears. All the clicks, crackles and pops are a thing of the past. All pops gone. Totally. Only the beautiful band background noise. Congrats, you solved my problem that was starting to get to me.
I am grateful for your help. Now the usual question: What was it that was solved in software?
Cheers guys.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 8:08 PM Brian <vk4bap@...> wrote:
Hi John,
I agree with Allard that his software will cause less tuning clicks that Farhan's original software but you might want to first do the hardware changes. Easy to hear the improvement if it is loud.
It looks like you only have one big electrolytic on the supply to the Raduino. Like others I found two with a low value resistor between them (10 or 22 ohms) was needed to make any real difference. You might also want to separate the wires in the bundle to the tag strip but the filter in the supply line seems to be the most important. The BITX is sensitive to tuning clicks because most of its rx gain is in the AF end. I was surprised how the clicks were difficult to control.
73 Brian.