Re: uBITX v5 with 20x4 screen(s) #ubitx-help #firmware

JT Croteau

Bill, I've finally had a chance to get on my laptop. For the 20x4
display, these are the relevant files from the CEC v1.2 binaries.

UBITXV5_CEC_Vxxxxx_20P.hex : 20x04 Parallel LCD
UBITXV5_CEC_Vxxxxx_20P_S.hex : _20P with I2C Meter

UBITXV5_CEC_Vxxxxx_20I.hex : 20x04 I2C LCD
UBITXV5_CEC_Vxxxxx_20I_S.hex : _20I with I2C Meter

I2C is a two-wire serial bus some people switch to in order to free
some Arduino pins. It sounds like you dont have an I2C panel so you
would want the first firmware on the above list. "I2C Meter" is used
by the CEC S-Meter circuit discussed on the CEC website.

The v1,2 binaries are here:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/download/v1.20/uBITX_CEC_V1.200.zip

Enjoy!

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM JT Croteau via Groups.Io
<jt.tobit=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Download the v1.2 binaries and read the document on file naming conventions to find the 20x4 file you need to flash.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019, 20:25 Bill Lamm <@KD9MDL> wrote:

Thank you all..

Looks like I need to compile/download CEC v1.20 .. does it default to 20x4 screen as in v1.072?
I have not found a manual after v1.072

Is I2C a different screen or different way to talk to the same screen?

What a fun new adventure..