Re: Amateurradiokits Chassis and Grounding

Ian Reeve

Hi, I have just completed a build using the case designed for the 3.5 inch nextion.I did carefully with a counter sinking bit take off the minimum of paint surrounding the antenna,and front jacks. I used a single point on the chassis to take the power Jack negative,the antenna Jack return and the earth returns from the Jack panel.This ties together electrically the back panel,the front panel and the main chassis.The lid is earthed via one screw to the back panel.   Ian M0IDR

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:17:14 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Amateurradiokits Chassis and Grounding

Ravi, Joe - good info - I remember doing something to expose some metal on the nice case.

remember this is a DIY project -- Sunil would be happy to have us expose some metal wherever we deem suitable!  we have the technology (use a drill bit slightly larger than the hole or whatever one might have).

enjoy the nice hardware, from India and other parts of the globe!

Curt