Re: Output change.

Curt

My v4 is a bit below 5w on 40m, but I digress.

First, consider accuracy of your power meter. I won't swear my wm2 is perfect. Some instruments seem to over estimate power a bit.

Possibly your v5 might be doing a couple extra watts. Don't have schematic in front of me, but there is a pot on the board to dial back drive. Hint it is not the 2 pots that adjust bias for clean ssb! Its the one other one. Make sure you tweak the correct pot. My android isn't good at multi tasking, you should figure this out.

Curt