V5 audio Help !

chuckr@hostu.org

Hi all , got my new V5 all together and all looked, good. The audio when cranked near full would about run you out of the room. So started the calibration and bfo routine and after that all seemed to work fine,So then a day or so later turned the radio on and no  audio!  Crank all the way up and you can hear but  not enough to work with, on a scale of 10 audio went from 10 to 1 or 1.5. Changed the lm386 out twice to no avail.  If anyone can direct me in the right direction or give their guess and any and all help appreciated .
thanks
chuck  73