Re: 24 volt

Mark Hatch

Vaughn,

You might want to do some investigation on small linear amps that can be built for under <$100. uBitx.net has some references and there are several choices. There is one designed by a ham that won some price from the ARRL a while back that gets good reviews. (Wish I could remember his call letters - any help here?) Several ham kit suppliers, including the folks that make the cases for the ubitx sell a two board set (amp + filter). You can also get some on ebay for under $20, but you have to put them together. As designed, they are not that great. However, there are several blogs/websites that will help you fix them so they are respectable and on 12v give you between 40-60w (depending on band).

Because I like a challenge, I bought the inexpensive one on ebay. Search for

DIY Kits 70w SSB Linear HF Power Amplifier for Yaesu Ft-817 Kx3
There is a blog that also identifies a heat sink and box. Again you will want a filter system, and in my case, that cost several times more than the amp kit...

73
Mark

73
Mark