Subject: Re: [BITX20] ubitx 2.0 - Mic cannot get to TX
From: "Ashhar Farhan" <farhanbox@...>
Date: Sun, June 02, 2019 1:13 am
To: BITX20@groups.io

Good going!

On Sun 2 Jun, 2019, 7:40 AM Sajid Rahum via Groups.Io, <zs735=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All sorted out. my goodness.

Here goes for those wanting to use Baofeng.  First there are tonnes of 'Baofeng' knockoffs.  Now, i dropped out the wiring and replaced it using a ethernet cable which a roll was laying around.  The wiring in these units is attrocious and cannot be used.

1.  Stereo 3.5 is required - not mono
2. Drop the wiring and cable out and replace with ethernet cable.
3. replace the baofeng electret with ubitx electret; drill larger whole.  two wiring is straight forward.
4. Wiring:

                  A     B    C

    On the board it will be marked M, M- and PTT.
    M will go to C.
    M-- will go to A
    PTT will go to B

Power out is very low and one needs to shout much into it.  By removing the speaker i should be able to get the audio amp in to improve drive.