Re: HFSignals poor business practices

Bob Bennett

The essence of thus radio is that is the means to learning about how radios apr put together. From your comments you are😉. Farhan’s objective is to give us a project to ‘hack’.  Building 3 (well, one done and working, one done and I blew something and the 20 meter version 75% complete) has really taught me a lot about radios. When I see the thousands of dollars price tags on the big commercial rigs, I have a much meter understanding of what goes into a high end rig. I had the opportunity to meet and have dinner with him this past Hamvention. He is always working to improve his products. A note to him will always help him and his cooperative.
   Here is a description of his operation taken from his web page:

  HF Signals is a small enterprise based out of Hyderabad, India, that works with a collective of workers. Each of the toroids is hand wound. This provides these working women with a livelihood. The assembled boards are then DC checked.  A final RF check and tune-up is performed to check the receiver’s sensitivity as well as transmitter’s output before being shipped. Each board is individually numbered.

Good luck

Bob Bennett NZ2Z