Re: W8TEE Mag Loop Testing

Terry Morris

I think Peter uses either Rubbermaid or Tupperware for water resistant his variable capacitor. Or, you might try an inverted Glad sandwich bag draped over the wood block and Vari/cap to protect from water.   LOL :)

Terry - KB8AMZ
Brimfield Twp, OH USA EN91hd
Linux User# 412308, Ubuntu User# 34905, PCARS#78, NAQCC#6668, QRP-ARCI#8855, SKCC#14195

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 5:06 PM Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yep, we know about the HV issues. The cap is run by a NEMA 17 stepper which Al has geared down. The stepper controller goes to 1/32. We're still experimenting with timer interrupts to slow it even more, and then speed it up. More work.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, May 30, 2019, 2:56:00 PM EDT, Jim <Jscook@...> wrote:

That’s a nice looking loop. What are you driving the cap with? I found a nice Comet vacuum variable capacitor and also a drive set up for it. Haven’t gone any further. Keep the group updated. Watch the HV around the cap as it can get high..safety.
Jim
WA3APC