Re: Power supply for Biix40?

Ian Reeve

From a UK point of view, the mains plug is absolutely non compliant having no internal replaceable fuse.

I have seen this type of plug before on equipment and absolutely would immediately replace it with a compliant plug.

I can of course not comment on any plug moulded for connection to any other countries mains supply.

It is also a concern that there seems to be a lack of safety markings.

I would look elsewhere. Switching mode power supplies generally generate unwanted qrm which you would not want when receiving weak radio signals.

Just my thoughts about the UK version

Sent from Mail for Windows 10