Re: Bitx40 Noob #bitx40help#smoke

Ian Reeve

I believe you are correct,the Bank is indeed fitted upside down and it's vital to purchase the bank without the pins soldered and so you can orientate it correctly.It required the pins to be soldered but that is easy with a fine tipped soldering iron.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of matt.varkevisser@... <matt.varkevisser@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:48:59 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Bitx40 Noob #bitx40help#smoke

Ok I found the problem, well I am 99% sure I found the problem I just need to test it. For some or the other reason the arduino nano died, but its pins are "upside down" the protrude from the top of the board and not via the bottom of the board "like normal". So when I have been connecting the standard arduino nano (which comes with the pins pre soldered) I was then installing it upside down.

Attached pictures for reference, I will swap things around and test then confirm. I am just following this up in case someone else comes across this problem too!