Re: Keyer for ubitx #ubitxcw

iz oos

I had experienced two cases of random errors. The first when I did not solder correctly the two resistors. The other when the jack contacts were not doing a perfect contact. Note that I am not using a paddle but I use either a vertical or PC via usb-serial with optocoupler. Once I used the right jacks (usually are really terrible) that made a good contact I have not noticed errors at 24wpm even if I use the stock firmware of version 3.

Il 29/mag/2019 01:13, "Curt via Groups.Io" <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

Kelly

let's not keep score on misteps - I might be pretty high on 'errors' also.  I am doing okay using the ubitx on cw with a straight key - it is enough to calibrate us this is not a QSK rig.  but I got used to it, and made many contacts.  I imagine a paddle should work as good, once you land the recipe - either with stock of KD8CEC firmware.  (there is a third source said to work better maybe, but try the easier path first).

let's not give someone a discount to have the 'challenges' we have been having - they can pay full price hi hi.  this is some rig for what it costs.  on SSB is so cool to work DX with 5 watts (no I don't have huge antennas here).  enjoy the ride - and let the rig sit for a few days as required.  a 'world' full of aid is here in the journey.

73 Curt

PS - don't wear yourself out on the simpler mods.  AGC helps but is not huge.  etc. nice you have a v5 - lots of info that the spurs are decent.  CUL here