Re: What's a Reason for less Power Output ONLY get 4W on 80m?.., 3-4W on 40/20m, 1W on 15/12/10m #ubitx #ubitx-help

Curt

OM

Very nice work on your enclosure,  and nice pictures.

The path used to do CW in the ubitx is different than CW. In summary, a signal comes from the PLL at 45 MHz to almost directly feed the transmit finals. If this can make 8 to 10 watts into a dummy load, then it says your transmit finals are fine, and the issue is in the ssb path or transmit audio.

Any short across the key connection will exercise the cw path.

An audio oscillator just needs a single tone, it can be simple. I imagine there is an example here somewhere,  otherwise email me. No unusual parts are required.

Unless one mosfet was damaged, my first guess its the transmit audio.

Curt

PS mine doesn't quite make 5w on 40m, but I enjoyed several ssb contacts. Some folk live with enough noise to cover over your signal, so keep trying others.