Re: Inexpensive eBay Amplifier Kits

Curt M.

I built the 70w version of that amplifier.  The instructions are pretty much just a schematic with a few mistakes on it but it's not very hard to figure out what goes where.  I made some initial contacts with it connected to my FT-817 and a 40m filter on the output.  A few people said that my audio was a little distorted.  After doing some searching online it's been suggested to increase the bias by 1v.  I have not tried that yet but the guy's reasoning sounded logical.  It's a fun little kit to build.

With the Bitx radios you would have to get just a little creative to trigger the TX/RX relay but that shouldn't be very difficult.

Curt M.