Re: raduino for bitx 20

Mike Short <ai4ns.mike.spam@...>

Do you have details on implementing this on the bitx40? I am building one right now and would like to explore it.

Mike
AI4NS

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've used that display with the BITX40:

Inline image

and it works well. I've also made a VFO with the AD9850 that you mention (see March, 2016, QST). I can understand the addition of the display, but what's the purpose of the AD9850? If you're building from scratch, Farhan's design uses the multiple clocks from the Si5351, so that chip might be easier to "drop in" than the AD9850.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, April 27, 2019, 11:59:50 PM EDT, N7QL <n7ql.us@...> wrote:

I am trying to figure out what arduino modules I need to build the raduino. I found this display https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4-inch-TFT-LCD-Touch-Screen-Display-Panel-Shield-For-Arduino-UNO-R3-MEGA2560/132795546292.  I also found this DDS module. I assume I'd also need the UNO R3 Mega 2560 module also. Would these work well together? What modules are normally used for the Bitx kits?