Re: Resistor wattage

Adrian Chadd

is replacing that resistor a common mod for the bitx40?

-a

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 at 20:39, MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:
While homebrewing Sunil's bitx 20 or any other older version with through hole components , can better use quarter watt mfr and preferably mlc capacitors.

Sarma vu3zmv

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019, 7:35 am Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
The Bitx40 shipped by hfsignals is using all surface mount 1206 resistors, which are good for 1/4 Watt.
There are occasional reports of R141 burning up, the 10 ohm emitter resistor in the power amp driver,
so that one could be upped to 1/2 Watt (or two 20 ohm 1/4 Watt resistors in parallel)

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 06:55 PM, N7QL wrote:
What wattage resistors should I use to build the Bitx 20? I thought I saw the value of 1/2 watt thrown about somewhere but I cannot find it. I will be ordering the parts Monday that I don't already have so I am trying to be sure before I do any ordering. Thank you.