Re: First ubitx lsb contact!

Gigabyte

This is getting way off topic, but I'm in the US. I used to have an 67 Triumph that was chopped when I was younger. I needed Whitworth, SAE, and Metric tools to work on that bike.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019, 23:27 Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:
British terms for parts, Wayne? Well naturally: 'British' is made up from bits and pieces of lots of other stuff, starting with Latin and Greek: it has had centuries of development and refinement that others haven't - and that includes precision, accuracy and brevity plus sentence structure.
Ever tried to define them in German? In the 1960s there was a publication The Saturday Evening Post, and it had a lot of post-WWII humor. One such was "Rhymers Mein Grossfader Made" (snippets can still be found here and there, but they're few and far between). Another, more pertinent, was "Daffynitions". I remember two copies in sequence that had these gems: firstly the Jet Pilot's takeoff instructions: "Rounderworldenwhizzerstartenplan", and the next: the Jet Pilot's landing instructions: "Rounderworldenwhizzerquittenplan".