Re: Ubitx tx/rx "chatter" (read old thread)

Arv Evans

Possibly you have connected the audio lead to the PTT circuit and the rig is being keyed by audio.
Possibly you are getting RF into the PTT line (long curly cords are problematic).

_._

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Kelly Mabry <kmabry2007@...> wrote:
Hi all! I have just connected a bc645 4 pin electret mic to my ubitx and am getting a 5 tx/rx "chatter" on transmit on a dummy load, when press ptt. When i release, all is fine, rx is lit and i hear rcv audio.  As a test, i enabled tx stop on the cec software,  and pressed ptt.  The tx indicator lights red for as long as i hold ptt, and then returns green as I unkey. This seems to indicate the ptt works as intended. After unselecting tx stop, the chatter returned. What am I missing? ...continuing to read thread...
73,

Kelly K5AID