Re: Confused about how AGC works?

digger AB3XU

Thanks Don and Jerry for your explanations. In my OP I wasn't thinking about that what I described were oscillations, and as you wrote the parts are chosen to stabilize the circuit and prevent that. Does the delay in part prevent oscillations by introducing a phase shift?

Jerry, the initial link you posted Barkhausen stability criterion was a bit dense for me, but your summary  was useful. Even so it lead me to read some on feedback loops which was helpful.

Don, you are certainly right, I could understand the simple theory of your circuit but got lost on the complexity of how it actually works.

73, digger