Re: vfo cal.

Raymond House

Thank you MVS Sarma, a very excellent PDF on calibration, the best I have read so far, I'm keeping this one.Clear and concise step by step! Great. 73

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:03 AM MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:
https://petetest2017.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/micro-bitx-calibration-instructions.pdf

I got this link from a friend om mahesh vu2iia. It works. Whether stock or lees firmware  procedure is common . In stock you press rotary encoder and in lee firmware yiu use ptt.

Please study, if it can support yoallthe best

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019, 8:13 pm Adrian Chadd <adrian@... wrote:
hi!

The 30 second overview:

If you can plug in your audio into a computer and run a spectrum analyser (eg fldigi) it's MUCH easier to calibrate the BFO by looking for the right passband with just normal noise from your antenna.

Then after that you can calibrate the VFO - yes it goes into TX mode but it won't transmit a carrier unless you press PTT.

-a

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 07:05, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There are likely something like a bazillion posts here about calibrating the µBITX. Have you searched this group? Also, a valuable resource is ubitx.net, too.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, April 18, 2019, 6:57:55 AM PDT, Raymond House <raymondh40@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,I'm Ray House, VE2OL, I have just completed assembling an Ubitx V5 with 3.5 in display. I am testing it with the original display and I find the VFO is out a lot, can someone point me towards info for it's calibration, if I go to 10mhz cal it goes into TX mode, is this normal? I have checked the wiki and this forum but found nothing on this, I'm sure it's just that I don't know where to look.Someone mentioned here that a new member should indicate what test gear he has, so, 100mhz storage scope,freq counter, function generator,RMS meter good to 10mhz and assorted VOM's. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks. 73