Re: separate CAT jack, without using the USB cable #ubitx #arduino #cat #raduino

Sascha Bohnet | DL5SMB

Hi everybody,

for the OMs who where interested in this project, I have made two videos of the controller in use with the uBITX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww6rSUQylGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBri3owEPc

The 2 or better 3 points I am still trying to work on / which need improvement are

1.) The sound intensity of the stepper motor. This is really annoying. The problem is i think that the capacitor gets pushed to hard by the pulses of the stepper which causes the vibration noises.

2.) For tuning, the loop controller switches the radio to AM and reduces power. Both functions are not supported by the uBITX.

a.) For getting a tuning signal i made the loop controller firmware change the mode to CW instead of AM for tuning.
However it is not working, i need to manually use a CW key (also called screwdriver) to get a usable signal.

b.) I think (depending on the band) 15 to 5 Watts is still to much output while tuning - or worse - while not having a good SWR.
I need to figure out an easy way to reduce output, which can be controlled via cat - maybe by manipulating the bias of the finals or by switching in an attenuater with a relays.

73

Sascha