Re: Microphone choices

MVS Sarma

Even if one is rich, i suppose that there is no point in investing in mics that zerve high end systems for ham use. We dont really need more than 0.3 to 3Khz at the maximum

Regards
Sarma vu3zmv

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, 5:04 pm iz oos <and2oosiz2@... wrote:

If you can't afford a Behemoth microphone (hi hi) you may try high sensitivity (around - 24db) electrec elements you may find at large vendors (Mouser etc). I opted for dynamic elements (not for karaoke) plus a homemade vogad compressor.

Il 10/apr/2019 13:22, "David - CA3DPV" <david.parra@...> ha scritto:
My two cents...

First I've tried with a karaoke mic and a audio console
Good: I get 10W of power without effort, talking quietly
Bad: The signal transmitted is extremely low pitch (very dificult to copy).

Now I use a PC mic (purchased for a few bucks). PTT is a button installed on it.
Good thing: It's a very cheap and small desk microphone (3 USD),
Bad thing: It's a low gain mic, get 4 or 5 watt only @40m