Re: Microphone choices

Kelly Mabry

Hi Mike,  a lot of ideas abound; some are repurposed cb microphones,  some are home brewed with what's in the kit, I ordered a Uniden BC645 4-Pin Microphone for CB Radios, electret mic, going to wire the 4 pin panel plug to fit the microphone.  Others have changed out the 4 pin to match their 8 pin QRO rigs. I would dig around the ubitx.net site and hfsignals.com ... Somewhere I  remember that a dynamic mic needs a tantalum cap on the input. But in reality there are even 3d printed mic housings to assemble a mic. Check out https://shop.kit-projects. They have mics and paddles!
73,
Kelly K5AID