Re: V5 and the poor carrier suppression.

Ashhar Farhan

On v5, the drive pot should be set to half-way. This prevents overloading of the PA chain.
If you overload the PA, it clips the top end of audio while amplifying the carrier. This results in low signal to carrier ratio. A good suppression value is about -30 dbc. Beyond that, the IMD producta dominate.
- f

On Sun 7 Apr, 2019, 4:30 PM Raj vu2zap, <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:
You could play with different values of C217 to C221 inclusive.
Try 56pf or even 47pf you should get better tone with IF at 11.0555

Raj