Re: Raduino reinforcement, 3d printed

MadRadioModder

Did you print that bracket? If so you might consider sharing that in the files section...

-----Original Message-----
From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of d balfour
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 8:55 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Raduino reinforcement, 3d printed

I have noticed particularly on my ubitx radios that the raduino board is just hanging on the 16 pin connector. Very bad engineering to not have a mechanical mount.

The other day while putting together another radio I decided to make a mechanical mount for the raduino. I used 12 mm long 3mm screws and nuts to hold it together. It is using stock front mounts with the original screws replaced by 12mm screws.

I think it is a worthwhile modification. The part could be made from metal but was easy to make from plastic.

I am going to make another one for my bitx40. I imagine that the length will be different.

---
https://www.avg.com

--
…_. _._