Re: Raduino reinforcement, 3d printed

Jack Purdum

Great idea and looks good to boot!

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, April 7, 2019, 9:54:45 AM EDT, d balfour <davesters@...> wrote:

I have noticed particularly on my ubitx radios that the raduino board is just hanging on the 16 pin connector. Very bad engineering to not have a mechanical mount.

The other day while putting together another radio I decided to make a mechanical mount for the raduino. I used 12 mm long 3mm screws and nuts to hold it together. It is using stock front mounts with the original screws replaced by 12mm screws.

I think it is a worthwhile modification. The part could be made from metal but was easy to make from plastic.

I am going to make another one for my bitx40. I imagine that the length will be different.