Re: Real or Clone - Nano survivability, any real difference?

Nigel G4ZAL

I've encountered several recent clone V3.0 Nano's with old bootloader pre-installed.  As Jack said, you can overcome it in the newer IDE.
If you have a USBasp programmer, you can easily flash the newest bootloader onto the Nano via the 6 ICSP pins - I don't even solder them in, rather just insert them attached to the USBasp cable (with 10 pin to 6 pin adapter) and hold them over to make a firm contact for the few seconds it takes to flash the new bootloader.  Ebay has the USBasp+cable+adapter all for a few bucks.

Nigel - G4ZAL