Modern AGC references

MadRadioModder

As promised, from my vast files and my commercial designs … here are some references for modern AGC circuits.  One very common design was detailed in the December 2007 issue of QST on Page 30 by W7ZOI.  Known as part of the HYCAS system.  Many receivers designed in the 2000’s use this circuit or something similar.  I believe the JackAl board uses a modified form of this AGC circuit.  Of late, with more high-performance LSI devices available for computations, we see more and more designs with those parts.  This paper covers the calculations to determine the stage operations for an integrated AGC using more LSI parts:  https://www.analog.com/media/en/training-seminars/tutorials/42575412022953450461111812375Design_and_Operation_of_AGC_Loops.pdf   Enjoy!  MRM

…_. _._