Re: v5 Alive! (plus my advice, and thanks)

Jerry Gaffke

Here's the post from Raj giving results for various inductor types at L5,L7:
    https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/60946

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 06:59 AM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Raj did report that he tried using typical unshielded SMD inductors, were of no help at L5, L7.

toggle quoted message. . .

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 08:53 PM, Mark - N7EKU wrote:
Also, everyone keeps talking about shielded SMD inductors, but I've yet to see any part number/datasheet that shows these are shielded.  So maybe we should just say "SMD inductors".  It's more likely that it's just their smaller size and thus reduced size of their magnetic field that makes any difference; and anyway, from what I've seen, their use hasn't been tested extensively I think, as I've yet to see any measurements on this change and it's affect on spurs (except maybe Raj?, but I can't find anyone else's).