Re: 2N2222A getting super hot

Tom, wb6b

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM, Mark - N7EKU wrote:
There are many sites on the web for this:
I really like these two links because the link to the vintage ARRL Handbook is very similar to what I learned as a kid and the Sparkfun line, in contrast, a contemporary explanation.

One thing in the Sparkfun article that immediately stuck out was an example circuit showing a PNP transistor controlling a motor from +12V and the base connecter to 0 to +5 volts for control. Fortunately, the text went on to say that example will not work. So a good example of the importance of reading the fine print.

Tom, wb6b