Re: Shaking my head in disbelief....

Ted

Kelly,

One approach to "low audio", and it works well for me so far in development, is to add some extra gain for the really weak signals,  and let the AGC you're going to add govern the w-i-d-e range of levels you'd otherwise experience.  One can build the earlier ND6T version out of spare parts, or get his newer, ready-to-drop-in board which soldiers in place very nicely.

If you want a narrow CW fiter, kits exist for about US$ 12-15 or I can upload the plans from one using a simple O2A op amp & a few common resistors/capacitors. You'd be amazed...

73,

Ted
K3RTA