Re: mono band 2 meters rig based on the micro BITx circuit #ubitx #2meters

ajparent1/KB1GMX <kb1gmx@...>

Fredboxes are elemental HTs running low power (under 20mW) AM TX and either superregen
RX for the fancy one of a simple diode detector and audio amp for the basic Fredbox design.
Range very limited, most can yell further.   AM is easy to do but not very effective.

I built a 6M for DSB 200mw out tx and a simple superhet with RF amp for RX.
Those had  good range depending on antenna and its height but with a dipole at 16ft he 6M
version could hit 30-90 miles to a competent SSB base station with beam.  During a
sporatic E season I got to about 1100 miles off the 4 element beam with it.

The uBitx IF is only enough to make it to maybe 144 or possibly 222mhz.  At 432 you need
fairly narrow input filters and good LNA combined for acceptable sensitivity (-137dbm minimum).

Allison