Re: Abandoning my uBitx Ver 3

Richard Spohn

There is going to be a V6 uBitx coming up soon? - Rich WB2GXM

On 3/10/19, M0OOZ <@M0OOZ> wrote:
Its a shame to give up your built & fully tested board now?

Why not buy a V5? Or maybe wait for the new V6?

May the peace be with you.

73

M0OOZ

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 16:14 William Cullison, <@Cully> wrote:

I am giving up on my uBitx as it's just too much for this OM to try
completing all the mods needed to have working and legal radio. Surface
mount is just too hard with the incessant shaking of my hands. I can
handle
winding coils and through-hole components without a lot of issues. I
appreciate all the great design and modification efforts that have gone
into the radio but it just too much for me. As a receiver it's
performance
is quite good. I will be offering it for sale in the near future. I'm not
sure what all I will include in its sale but anything I won't need that
was
purchased specifically for the uBitx will likely be included.

I will be waiting for the new QSX from QRP-Labs. I built the Ultimate 3S
and am very pleased with its performance and feel this is the best move
for
me. I want to thank everyone for the re-engineering, guidance, and
support
for here.