Re: Abandoning my uBitx Ver 3

Dave Dixon

Hello William,
                     From the uk where it is typical weather here raining and windy..Sorry to hear youre giving up yes shakey hands here and smd are a different world for me too,I have a version 3 as my main station,im 100%cw since 1989 and just like the rest of the home brew clans are waiting for Hans to release the qsx then join the battle to order one,...Good luck with the sale i feel sure you will have no trouble farming it on.Kind Regards Dave G0AYD CW OPS 2159 FISTS 15892.QTHR QRZ.COM.

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 15:14, William Cullison <wa8vih@...> wrote:
I am giving up on my uBitx as it's just too much for this OM to try completing all the mods needed to have working and legal radio. Surface mount is just too hard with the incessant shaking of my hands. I can handle winding coils and through-hole components without a lot of issues. I appreciate all the great design and modification efforts that have gone into the radio but it just too much for me. As a receiver it's performance is quite good. I will be offering it for sale in the near future. I'm not sure what all I will include in its sale but anything I won't need that was purchased specifically for the uBitx will likely be included.

I will be waiting for the new QSX from QRP-Labs. I built the Ultimate 3S and am very pleased with its performance and feel this is the best move for me. I want to thank everyone for the re-engineering, guidance, and support for here.