Re: has anyone built this kit AGC from Amateur Radio Kits?

Alf Baranda

That's right, exactly the same as I think.
For those of us who have built receivers from the beginning, we know that a good AGC circuit with a good dynamic range is one of the most complicated parts of a good radio receiver.
The AGC must always act on the first input circuits and on IF, of course.
In this way, saturations that involve clipping and distortion of the signal are avoided.
For me, this circuit has always been a great challenge and a big headache, due to its importance and complexity.