Re: load ver.4 original firmware into ubitx ver.3

Jack, W8TEE

Sarma:

In some cases, subsequent software programs may read the EEPROM memory space to decide whether it has been written to before and, if so, acts differently based on what it read from EEPROM address 0x00. Most Arduino microcontrollers are "factory set" with an EEPROM value of 0xFF. You should check to see if your program responds differently based on EEPROM values. If so, you may want the .ino program to write that specific value to the EEPROM.

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, February 18, 2019, 11:15:44 PM EST, MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:

While on process of loading a newer revision firmware, it is better to clear the eeprom saved contents.
There is some .ino called  eeprom_clear (Thanks to om mahesh  vu2iia who acquainted me of this). it helps clean up the Arduino nano
Hope it helps.
sarma
vu3zmv

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM IZ4SJP Carlo <carlo@...> wrote:
maybe someone will be so kind to describe step by step how to load version 4 firmware into my ubitx version 3?
thanks in advance
IZ4SJP Carlo