TSW BITeensio Card - new Firmware published #ubitx

Jim Sheldon

All,
The Triumvirate Skonk Worx (TSW) just published our latest "beta" 2.8" or 3.2" Color TFT touch screen firmware for the BITeensio controller card.  This new firmware addresses the changes Farhan made to the uBITX in the release of his Version 5 transceiver board which HF Signals is now shipping.

Using our BITeensio card and the new firmware you will now have the capability of selecting operation with either the older V3 and V4 uBITX boards which we are calling "Legacy" boards or the new Version 5 ones via an item in the "Calibration" menu.

Depending on which type of uBITX you install it in, you need to calibrate it one time for that uBITX board.  Calibration data is stored on the BITeensio's  Micro SD card in different locations for the 2 different versions so if you calibrate the card in a V4 (or V3) radio, and later decide to switch it to a V5 radio, you will have to again calibrate it for the V5 system.  However, once that has been done, you can then swap the BITeensio back into your original "Legacy" radio, select "VL" in the calibration menu and it will recall the previously stored calibration data for that version.  If it's the same VL board you originally used for "VL" calibration, you should not have to re-calibrate the card.  If, however, you install it in a different uBITX than the original one, you may have to touch up the calibration to make things sound right and operate on the right frequency.  Same is true for V5 boards.

Since both of the displays we use (2.8" and 3.2") use the same ILI-9341 controller, and have the same number of pixels, we found that no software changes were needed to use either display.  No user action is required to switch from one to the other except to make sure they are cabled properly and this is outlined in the manual.

The operating manual for this software has been completely re-written to reflect the changes and the pictures have been changed to show the operating information in the new version.

You can find complete information on this (and our other items) on the TSW website ( www.w0eb.com) .  If you visit the site, be sure to clear your browser's cache on each page to make sure you are getting the latest information.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB
TSW Group Project Coordinator