Mike,

such a resource does indeed exist.

- f

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:44 PM VE3MIC via Groups.Io <ve3mic=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill, I too used to pass on kits that involved winding torroid cores, but after investing in a really inexpensive inductance meter, I can now verify my work by ensuring that the torroid that I just wound is the proper value before continuing on.  Han's QRP Labs kits are, in my opinion, the best that they come these days, and I am looking forward to the QTX when it is released. I also have a BITx40.

Don't let torroid winding discourage you. It's not until you wind them for 160m & below, that the number of turns gets unwieldy. I've lost count of my turns more than once, and had to start over again :)
Also, I've often wondered if there is an online calculator where you could enter the torroid type/size, wire gauge, etc., and it would display the length of wire needed for winding for the desired inductance. It wouldn't be exact, but get you in the "ball park" where you could then verify with an inductance meter before finishing off things.

73 de Mike