Re: Responsibility! A fully test and tuned µBITX HF transceiver board (6″ by 5-1/2″).??? #bitx20 #legal

M0OOZ

Sir, thank you for your inspiration. My answer, is on another thread.

May the peace be with you

73s
Geoffrey David Cowne M0OOZ

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 15:18, Don - KM4UDX <dontAy155@...> wrote:
If you purchase a kit, as part of a hobby, you accept an obligation to be positive and helpful.  This community is so helpful, but you need to start with humility and a presumption of good will. You did neither.

Life is short.  Our goal needs to be encouraging.  No one needs flames.  These folks will help you, I know from experience.  I got a bit over my head with a v4 board and a fellow ham, on this exchange, offered to let me send him my board for help. (Bill C. you know who you are.)  I actually mailed it to him in a box!  He found the issue, fixed it, and returned it to me. How totally wonderful is that!!!  Now, every time I use my V4 board it amazes me, and I'm reminded that I benefit from the efforts of so many other wonderful people.  So this humble radio exposed me to so many folks willing and able to help. Folks who are encouraging and technically gifted. (I'm a liberal arts major, and just barely hanging in by my fingernails, hahahah.)

This inexpensive bit of clever engineering, and unimpeachable business practices, it stunning.  When I was putting this together, I bored all my family and friends that my kit radio was supporting a woman's cooperative in India! How freaking cool is that.  My few dollars where keeping women employed and helping communities survive.

If one followes your aqusitory approach, the outcomes would have been so much poorer.

Try an alternative.  Be humble, at least consider you could be part (or even all?) of the problem. Ask the community for help and guidance.  Be appreciative.  Be thankful. Be positive.

Don
km4udx