Re: Responsibility! A fully test and tuned µBITX HF transceiver board (6″ by 5-1/2″).??? #bitx20 #legal

Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>

I very much doubt whether the "Sale of Goods Act" applies to India.

Shut up and go away, no-one wants to hear your snivelling drivel anymore.

In good old fashioned English parlance "BUGGER OFF"

Peter G8FWY

On 06/02/2019 20:00, M0OOZ wrote:
How dare you post such horrendous rubbish. You buy things with the sale of goods act of UK which is based upon international contract law.
To say that you are ashamed that I too am British, is tantamount to ridicule!
Mr Farhan is clearly not a poor man, he is an entrepreneur and is playing space games with satellites, while he says that a board that is built and tested cannot be returned.
This is legally untrue, since I have made no modifications to said board. Under the law of both India and that of UK, he would have only the right to assessment of said board and not any denial of responsibility.
This is a built and tested board that has many surface mounted components. It (revision 4) has many known issues, which results in a form of beta testing using the customers to do this work.
Up to a point, this is OK. However, the fact that this board is sold as built and tested and then may be connected together, does not in any way reduce any responsibility for the fitness of the board, nor confer upon Mr Farhan, diminished responsibilities for supply of a working uBITX board together with all its components and advertised functionally of the same. Supply of goods fit for purpose is necessary; that Mr Farhan announced a new board is great for him, as he can then move on to new pastures of revenue with no responsible attitude to sale or after sales support!
Mr Farhan, Please replace the defective boards that you have sold.
I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
M0OOZ
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019, 20:34 Peter Russell <peter.russell@... <mailto:peter.russell@...> wrote:
Well said Ashar.
There's always someone who knows better than all the rest, whether he's
a radio amateur or a president!
I'm just slightly ashamed that this particular one appears to be
British.
Peter G8FWY
Ex professional broadcast transmitter engineer and dedicated radio
AMATEUR.
On 06/02/2019 19:07, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
> Here is how it is,
>
> 1. Let me tell you about how we test each board. If you hold down
the
> encoder button while switching it on, you will see what all we do.
> The test jig consists of a dummy load, a low level signal (1uv)
> generator and a noise generator at the antenna input.
> Step 1: the si5351 is calibrated to exactly 10.000.000 mhz as
measured
> on rigol ds1052e. Each if the IRF510 bias is set to 100 ma.
> Step 2: the noise generator is switched on and the fft of the audio
> bandpass, as seen on the rigol is centered between 300hz and 3khz.
> Step 3. SSB tx is checked on 3.5 mhz.
> Step 4. SSB tx is checked on 7 mhz.
> Step 5. SSB tx is checked on 14 mhz.
> Step 6. SSB tx is checked on 28 mhz.
> Step 7. The 1uv keyed signal is tuned in on 14.318 mhz to check
the rx path.
> Only after these tests are done, the tester  signs on the board.
>
> Warranty: as this is fundamentally a kit with the bulk of soldering
> done, whithout seal on people opening and fiddling around with
> components or soldering things the wrong way, we cannot really
accept
> responsibility for it not working in the hands of the builder.
There is

<mailto:vu2nsk@...>
> <mailto:vu2nsk@... <mailto:vu2nsk@...>> wrote:
>
>     Last year I purchased bit40 .It also not working  but after
replace
>     the relay , it works ok. if it is tested before despatched how it
>     happened?

---
https://www.avg.com