Re: Watching Ashar on W5KUB

Tom, wb6b

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 07:18 PM, George Baumann wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S3RGpRGn-w
Cool. I skimmed the video. Was interesting to see the new v5 board.

Also, for us folks that are experimenting with cobbling together an SA from various SDRs, it looks like Ashar is going to make a kit out of the little receiver he used in testing the CubeSat. It looks like it will make a very good SA at a very low price.

A design that is basically just a mixer and a simple IF bandpass filter may be one of the best ways to go. After all in the SA use case we don't want or need high sensitivity.

I think this is the GitHub link.

https://github.com/afarhan/antuino

Tom,
wb6b