Re: Good mic for Ubitx and Bitx40

Paul Dobosz

Almost all of the land mobile (Motorola & Harris/GE/Ericsson/MaCom) are dynamic mics that have an internal preamp.  I've had an excellent experience using them in applications that were designed for Electret mics.  They are plentiful and relatively inexpensive in both NOS and used condition on the usual online sites  and are built extremely solidly..  The mobile mics tend to be quite heavy with most having a large piece of heavy steel inside for no other reason than to give them "heft".  I generally remove the weight as I wire the mic up for the radio I'm using it on.

73 - Paul - K8PD