Re: Cooling fan Shroud

Evan Hand

I believe the point that Albert is making that it is better to have a quite fan that meets all of the requirements without any extra circuitry that can fail.  I would agree that if a noisy fan is the only choice, then putting in a controller to minimize the noise while still removing the heat is the next best solution.  If properly designed, installed, and tuned, then there would not be a change in the amount of heat that can be removed as the heat sinks get hotter.  I would caution that response time can get in the way of keeping cool quick enough to not cause an issue.  An always on at max fan does not have this issue.

My opinion, use as you see fit.

73
Evan
AC9TU