Re: Electret mic amp with AGC from Adafruit

Ted

That's exactly what I've done so far - the mike gain AGC board install previously described ^^, and, a separate gain board just like it after the volume potentiometer (with isolation capacitor).

The latter gets fed to a mono, 25-watt RMS amp board (cite) with a trim pot between the AGC board and the amp for speaker amp input level reasonableness. The added audio amp doesn't even see the radio's native speaker audio, just the gain-conditioned and amplified vol pot output; there's no reason this can't be done with the native amp circuit, of course though I'd still recommend an input trimmer before the mainboard again.

This setup will blast the operator out of the room when feeding a Motorola 2-way radio external speaker......  Ask SWMBO.

Ted
K3RTA